For tickets, click here
Wagner: Mythology, Mysticism, and Masters
After the huge success of our Siegfried concert (Act 1) two years ago, world-famous baritone Alan Held returns to sing Wotan’s Farewell, “Mein Vater” from Parsifal, and Hans Sachs’s final excerpt from Die Meistersinger.
In addition, we present mezzo-sopranos Joanna Porackova and Janice Edwards and tenors Peter Furlong and Adam Russell. The concert also includes the passionate love duet from Act 1 of Die Walküre, Siegfried’s Forging Song, Parsifal’s final aria, and much more. Our pianist is Boston Wagner Society music adviser and composer Jeffrey Brody.
This concert will take place at Gordon Chapel, Old South Church, 645 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
To hear our singers in past performances, click here.
About The Boston Wagner Society
The Boston Wagner Society is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the knowledge and enjoyment of Richard Wagner’s thrilling and profound music.
The Society offers:
- Free presentations and lectures by noted musicians and scholars
- Discounts to concerts by the Boston Wagner Society
- Discounts to concerts presented by other organizations
- A free quarterly subscription to the journal Wagneriana
- A chance to be published in Wagneriana
- An opportunity to obtain coveted tickets to the Bayreuth Festival
- An opportunity for up-and-coming Wagnerian singers to perform
- Networking and socializing with fellow Wagnerians